Love is in the air – Part three
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ
In the last 2 articles that I wrote about love, I focused on God’s love for us, which is wonderful, but we need to have a look at how we are too love one another. Here is a list of some great scriptures about how we are to love one another.
I pray that you as you read through these scriptures, that the Lord will speak to your heart through them and that you will be able to apply it to your daily walk with the Lord.
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
1John 3:14, 16
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
1John 4:11 – 12
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1John 4:16 – 21
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us.
If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
Romans 12: 9-21 – What does Love look like?
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
- Live in harmony with one another.
- Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.
- Do not be conceited.
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
- Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
- On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
I pray that you are challenged by the lord to show his kind of love to those around you, I know that I am.
I pray that He will bless you indeed as you are his hands and feet to our love starved world